Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Claire's Mood Polish in Wild/Calm

Two days ago, I found these polishes at Claire's and I thought the idea was pretty cool so i bought two to test them out. Here's my conclusion: they're awesome!! I have to be honest and say that I was VERY skeptical at first since Claire's isnt exactly known for their high quality but these have definitely blown my mind. So the application part is pretty decent, non streaky and spreads evenly. I have two coats on in the pictures plus a top coat. These also don't take too long to dry which is always a bonus and it doesn't have an overpowering nail polish smell. So what's so cool about them is that the color changes when the temperature of your nail changes! It goes from pink (warm) to purple (cool).

Here's how it usually looks like:


As you can probably tell, it's mostly pink with slight purple on the ends. Looks like I got a french manicure!



When I put my hand in cold water, it turns into a lighter pink. It can even go slightly lighter than shown in the picture.





And, lastly, if i merge my hand in warm water, it turns dark purple (it can be slightly darker than shown)!



These really do as the claimed and the color change is very visible! They retail for $5.95 CAD but it's currently on a buy one get one 50% off special. I would definitely recommend grabbing a few to test them out. They're really fun to have in your collection!



MakeUpAddict

1 comment:

  1. Those are wicked! Good to see some beauty gurus in the Vancouver area! Represent girl! :)

    ReplyDelete