Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review: DollyWink Liquid Eyeliner

This is the infamous Dollywink liquid eyeliner that everyone in the YouTube beauty community has been raving about. Due to the rave reviews all over the internet, I decided to hunt this down when I was in Asia in January. The packaging is super adorable- pink with purple poke-dots and bows. Here's a image of the eyeliner:


The tip is extremely fine and pointed, yet it's also sturdy which provides very precise lining when needed.


The ink is just regular plain black. It dries semi-matte without a glossy look but also not too matte to a point where it's obvious that you're wearing eyeliner. I quite like the finishL


The most amazing thing about this liner is not it's color, although it is a very pigmented black, but the staying power. This is truly a long wearing eyeliner that is smudge proof and water proof. Previous to taking the above photo, I had been smudging the liner on my hand, hoping to give you a before and after photo but to my surprise, the ink just did not budge AT ALL.

On those lazy mornings I would just slap on some of this liner and head out the door without priming my eyes. It lasts a descent 6-7 hours before it starts fading without any form of primer. With a primer, this thing lasts on my lid for 12+ hours. I have not experienced any smudging or flaking with this liner, it literally just stays put until you're ready to take it off. The liner comes off very easily with an eye makeup remover. I just gently put a cotton pad with remover over my eyes and the liner dissolves right away. No need to tug or rub your eyes. Here is a picture of my eye makeup with the liner after 13 hours of wear (applied at 9:00 am in the morning and photo taken at around 10:00 pm with no touch ups):

Please excuse my red eyes, they have been teary from allergies. In this photo I had on the MAC bare study paintpot as base, wash of naked lunch eyeshadow and the Dollywink eyeliner just quickly on the outer corner (very quick school makeup).

As you can see, although the liner is not as intense as it was when I applied in the morning, I have no complains considering this photo was taken after 13 hours. The eyeliner is definitely still visible and has not smudged at all on my lids.

This pencil is super easy to apply and gives a very crisp defined line. You do not need to be a makeup expert to apply this nicely. Very easy to work with and gives great results!

All in all, I absolutely LOVE this liquid liner. I bought it for about $8.50 CAD in Asia but I know people sell this online for slightly more. I personally think it's worth every penny and this is definitely one of the best eyeliners I've ever used. Highly recommend checking this out if you get a chance!


Overall Impression?
Quality: 10/10
Price: 9/10 (can get a little expensive trying to buy it in North America)
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 10/10
!!!


MakeUpAddict.

No comments:

Post a Comment